Human Nature Nuggets

Unlike sheer instinct, human nature involves individual thought as to how we should handle or improve various situations. As homo sapiens, we never know what will happen as a result, but each of us tries by doing what we think is the best solution. Here are some examples…

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

I am a writer at heart, a proofreader by trade, but without a soul if it were not for the nuthatches crawling down my trees, the robins, chickadees, cardinals, and yes, the much-maligned jibbering starlings that create their own unique concerts. I have wildflowers and perennials squeezed into my front and back yards and along the curb of my house in the city. My greatest job: I was a reporter for a locally-based newspaper, where I wrote human interest and news articles, but now I am a freelance writer, both online and in print. See MY ONLINE ARTICLES on how to ATTRACT BIRDS and BUTTERFLIES, and the HEALTHIEST NATURAL FOODS at my contributor page

Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Thanksgiving Tribute to those who are currently or have fought for Liberty and Freedom, wherever you are

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for what we have. This means not only being thankful for the food we have on our table, the clothes we have on our backs, or for having our family members and friends, but for the freedoms we have due to the efforts of others.

This site is not intended to be political. How we individually regard our quests for liberty and freedom is simply one form of human nature. Therefore, I am including a video clip that, although I found it on Veterans' Day, I feel is appropos now too, on this holiday when we most express our overall gratitude.

Whether you like war or not (and who in actuality does?), sometimes wars have to be fought to protect or save or free other people, or ourselves. I'm using this clip, which doesn't take any sides, to merely extend a thanks-giving to each and every person, who was, or is, in the armed forces, whatever your personal beliefs.

Go to Dale’s “Meanderings and Musings from Mimico.” When you get to these archived pages from November 2005, scroll down to his Nov. 11 post, turn up your sound, and click on “please click on this link.”

Thank you, Dale, and also a wholehearted thanks to Anvilcloud at "Raindrops" for informing me about this clip through his Nov. 11 post.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm glad that it touched you; it did me too.

11/20/2005 5:19 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

You're quite welcome, Darlene. Thanks for dropping by. I wish you peace. And a Happy Thanksgiving.

11/20/2005 6:54 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and to everyone else in my new "family" of bloggers. (Yes, I do feel as if you're family, or at least dear friends.) I so appreciate hearing from all of you, and learning from you. Like my neighborhood, you've all added warmth to my life, and made me feel more fulfilled.

11/22/2005 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home