Human Nature Nuggets

Unlike sheer instinct, human nature involves individual thought as to how we should handle or improve various situations. As homo sapiens, we never know what will happen as a result, but each of us tries by doing what we think is the best solution. Here are some examples…

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

I am a writer at heart, a proofreader by trade, but without a soul if it were not for the nuthatches crawling down my trees, the robins, chickadees, cardinals, and yes, the much-maligned jibbering starlings that create their own unique concerts. I have wildflowers and perennials squeezed into my front and back yards and along the curb of my house in the city. My greatest job: I was a reporter for a locally-based newspaper, where I wrote human interest and news articles, but now I am a freelance writer, both online and in print. See MY ONLINE ARTICLES on how to ATTRACT BIRDS and BUTTERFLIES, and the HEALTHIEST NATURAL FOODS at my contributor page

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sunset Over Lake Titicaca


According to ancient Incan mythology, Lake Titicaca is the birthplace of all humanity and where its creator, the great god Viracocha, first appeared on earth.

This picture was taken by my daughter from a peak atop Isla Del Sol, believed to be the birthplace of the sun.

Mythology says the sun sent his son, Manco Cápac, and the moon sent her daughter, Mamo Ocllo, to surface from the lake and create the Inca Empire.

8 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

This is a beautiful photo - how fortunate your daughter could be there.

1/22/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

While we were going through her pictures, this one in particular caught my eye. She was way high atop a peak in Peru at Lake Titicaca when she took it. And when she explained the mythological history behind Lake Titicaca, it seemed so appropriate for me to not only use it in an entry, but also to use it whenever I post a comment on someone else's site.

My daughter is so often a source of inspiration to me, in so many facets of my life, that I consider this picture to be a gift from her. And wherever her travels in life take her, I feel that by using this picture, it will in some way be her guiding light. My gift to her.

1/22/2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Also, a great big thank you to Pat over at Pats Pond for the nudge, and the explicit explanation on how I could add a picture to my site! She's a wonderful, caring person--believe me.

1/22/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger pb said...

Lovely. Glad to help.

1/23/2006 5:30 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Oh, that's really lovely, like something you could put on a postcard.

1/23/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

The photo is a terrific addition to the blog! off topic, tell Shira that Maggy ran into Julia Frey in NY. Many fond memories of that Lab Co summer.

1/24/2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger Zareba said...

Absolutely gorgeous, magical. It is easy to see why the Incan mythology. ...Z

1/26/2006 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dar, the sunset is gorgeous and I hope Shira continues to take photos of all the wonderful places she will be visiting in the future. I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your article on Invasive Species, I learned quite a lot. Love you, Sherrie

2/01/2006 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home