Human Nature Nuggets

Unlike sheer instinct, human nature involves individual thought as to how we should handle or improve various situations. As homo sapiens, we never know what will happen as a result, but each of us tries by doing what we think is the best solution. Here are some examples…

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

I am a writer at heart, a proofreader by trade, but without a soul if it were not for the nuthatches crawling down my trees, the robins, chickadees, cardinals, and yes, the much-maligned jibbering starlings that create their own unique concerts. I have wildflowers and perennials squeezed into my front and back yards and along the curb of my house in the city. My greatest job: I was a reporter for a locally-based newspaper, where I wrote human interest and news articles, but now I am a freelance writer, both online and in print. See MY ONLINE ARTICLES on how to ATTRACT BIRDS and BUTTERFLIES, and the HEALTHIEST NATURAL FOODS at my contributor page

Friday, January 06, 2012

How Our Seasons Affect Us, and Change in Our Lives

It’s human nature that we’re affected by our seasonal changes. They basically can change not only our outlook on life, but the course of our lives. Sometimes our souls are rejuvenated; but they can also leave us drastically depressed. How we handle these changes is vital.

I had an article published in the Dec. 2011 issue of The Edge magazine (both online and in print), addressing this issue, and how I try to handle their affect on my life. The odds are that you’d agree with my sentiments. If you’d like to read it, entitled: “How Good is Change, Really?” and it’s at http://edgemagazine.net/2011/12/how-good-is-change-really/

The Edge is a holistic living magazine that seeks to inspire us to expand beyond our beliefs, reminds us to listen to the voice of our souls, and educates us on how to be well and in balance. It’s free, and can be found in the lobbies of some coffee shops, co-ops, libraries, etc. throughout the upper Midwest. There’s a list on their site of their distribution venues in various states on their website.

If there isn’t a drop-off near you, I urge you to ask the owners of specific business near you to sign up. The Edge’s website is at http://edgemagazine.net/ and their list of drop sites is at http://edgemagazine.net/magazine/drop-sites/ In many ways, their teachings can help us cope with how we’re affected by seasonal changes.

From my home to yours, Namaste'…

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home