Human Nature Nuggets

Unlike sheer instinct, human nature involves individual thought as to how we should handle or improve various situations. As homo sapiens, we never know what will happen as a result, but each of us tries by doing what we think is the best solution. Here are some examples…

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

I am a writer at heart, a proofreader by trade, but without a soul if it were not for the nuthatches crawling down my trees, the robins, chickadees, cardinals, and yes, the much-maligned jibbering starlings that create their own unique concerts. I have wildflowers and perennials squeezed into my front and back yards and along the curb of my house in the city. My greatest job: I was a reporter for a locally-based newspaper, where I wrote human interest and news articles, but now I am a freelance writer, both online and in print. See MY ONLINE ARTICLES on how to ATTRACT BIRDS and BUTTERFLIES, and the HEALTHIEST NATURAL FOODS at my contributor page

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Dolphins: Therapy for People with Disabilities and Injuries, Depression, and Human Fetuses in the Womb

If you’re at all interested in the many amazing ways dolphins are providing therapy for humans with a variety of disabilities or suffering from depression, or how they're talking to human fetuses in the womb, I think you’d be interested in reading this. (Dolphins Even Detect Underwater Mines for the U.S. Navy!)

If you’re planning on having guests over and want to serve uncommon snacks, hors d’oeuvres or appetizers that look classy but are fairly simple to make, I urge you to look here.

There’s also a dedication to Black History Month here.

These are just some samples of the online articles I’ve recently written for Associated Content, and I’d be so appreciative if you’d check them out. Or, if you’d like to see an index of my other articles that they’ve published, you can go to my Content Producer page to read them. Besides wanting to share all the new information I’ve learned, Associated Content itself suggests we promote our articles in this way, because they want people to read the articles they publish as a resource for information.

(If you don’t find anything on my content page of interest now, I’ll be putting a link to it in my sidebar on Human Nature Nuggets, so you can check there regularly, since I’ll always be submitting new articles.)

Associated Content is an online “information exchange,” and their goal is to build a text, audio, video and image resource library. If you’re a writer or are interested in trying your hand in writing online articles, I urge you to try writing for them. Associated Content’s home page is at http://www.associatedcontent.com . If you do try, it would also help me if you told them that I, Darlene from St. Paul, recommended them to you.

Admittedly the research and writing can be time-consuming, but for me it’s so gratifying, because I’m doing what I love best, and we content writers do get paid. Also, it’s thrilling knowing that when someone types the right key words in a Google or other search engine, one of my articles will likely come up. (My “Income Tax Preparers in St. Paul” article, for example, comes up second from the top, and “Coffee Cafes in St. Paul” comes up first!)

I’ve made several submissions that will soon be published, and I’ve got lots of ideas in mind for future articles, if I can ever find the time to work on them, besides the suggestions AC makes for us content writers. But if you ever have some topic you’d like me to cover, please feel free to e-mail me with your suggestion.

Meanwhile, I must apologize for not writing a post on Human Nature Nuggets for so long, and for not visiting your sites. Honestly, it had nothing to do with writing for Associated Content! We were having a big party at our house about the same time our daughter was leaving to go back to Peru, so I was overwhelmed with tons of housecleaning, laundry and sewing, besides other obligations, all at the same time. But things are finally settling down, and I’ve missed you so much!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your articles Darlene. I found them very interesting. And thanks for sharing the tip about the site being a good one to submit articles to. I'm an aspiring writer so your tip is definitely appreciated!

2/17/2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Maureen, thanks so much for looking at them, and I'm glad you found them interesting.

Mostly, I'm glad to be able to help a fellow writer find an outlet. Search around their site for the variety of articles they accept. They also have ideas of ones they'd like for local guides (i.e. good coffee shops in your area, or other things/places in your area that people can refer to and choose because of what you wrote about them).

If you do sign up, please tell them that you joined because of me, Darlene in St. Paul. As I said, they like to give us writers little perks.

And if you ever have any questions about them, or articles, feel free to ask me. Otherwise, they're very open to e-mails, and they also have a forum where you can confer with other AC writers.

2/17/2006 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlene, I will definitely tell them you referred me if I sign up. And I appreciate your kind offer to answer any questions about them or about any articles. Thank you very much.

2/18/2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger pb said...

Darlene, I do not doubt that dolphin therapy works. After all, we love our animals, and they lower human blood pressure. I personally would love to swim with dolphins, or even just ride a horse. I love interacting with other creatures. Horseback riding is supposedly good for Multiple Sclerosis, working the feedback and balance.

2/18/2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

pb, thanks for the additional info. about dolphins! (Wouldn't it be awesome, swimming with them?) As for horseback riding, the last stable we had here in the city just closed down (you wouldn't think it was in the city, considering the trails we followed). The owner retired and sold it, so I don't have easy access for horseback riding anymore, and so miss it. Would otherwise have to ride so far to get to one. I love interacting with other creatures, too.

By the way, did you look at the information about Associated Content? You'd write some fabulous articles. I urge you to try.

2/18/2006 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home